2015-2016 Board of Directors
As a board, we view are trying to lay the foundations for a strong school that will be able to serve the Seattle community for years into the future. We work together as a team to prioritize our tasks and then each member will pick a task to make complete by the next meeting. This process helps us get stuff done.
If you’d like to join the board and help build Derech Emunah, please contact Jeff Alhadeff at email@example.com.
Jeffrey Alhadeff- President
- Masters of Liberal Arts, Johns Hopkins; Baltimore Maryland.
- VP of Product Design, Boost eLearning
- Jeffrey is passionate about the transformative impact Jewish education can have on the students and the city. A longtime Seattle family, he hopes to see Seattle the first place people choose to move to (if not in Israel).
Nechama Pouyrs- Treasurer
- PhD Computational Fluid Dynamics, Cornell; Ithaca New York.
- Environmental Specialist at the Federal Aviation Administration
- Nechama believes Seattle needs to have a girls high school with a solid Judaic and General Studies program that inspires and enables the girls to go to any university that they wished to go to. She wants this school to be available for current and future Seattle families.
Tova Wren- Secretary
- BA from Western Washington University; Bellingham Washington
- Tova joined the board because of a desire to help build a vital community resource and ensure its strength and availability for her own children in the future.
- Bachelor of Arts, Youngstown State University; Youngstown Ohio
- Currently retired , previous employment as the Chief Administrative Officer, Department of Social and Health Services, State of Washington
- Kathy is interested in contributing administrative skills to help establish an effective, efficient all girls high school in Seattle so girls can stay in Seattle.
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and Education, Touro College; Manhattan New York
- Kindergarten and first grade teacher at Torah Day School of Seattle
- Andrea joined Derech Emunah from when it first opened so her daughter could stay in Seattle. She enjoys sharing her educational expertise with the school, and is thrilled her daughter’s education is keeping up with todays world of technology and keeping some “old fashion” schooling. Derech Emunah is opening up different facets in the girls education by all that they offer.
- BA at Yeshiva University, Manhattan New York City
- Homemaker and homeschooling my children
- Rachel believes in order for the Seattle orthodox community to grow, there must be a girls’ high school. Too many girls are sent away for high school depriving them of developing a close connection with the Seattle community and depriving younger girls of role models.
- BA in Psychology from Cal State University; Northridge California
- Shelly got active in Derech Emunah because she sees the need to have a separate gender high school for girls in Seattle.
New Directors for this year (bio information coming):
- Michelle Ein
- Kaden Oppenheimer